10 Great Places for a Family Reunion
by Marie Christianson
Family reunions are very fun activities with the people who are so close to you. Are you planning one soon or sometime in the future? If so, here are some great suggestions as to where you can hold the reunion.
1. Beach resorts. If you wanted a reunion that is equally fun and worthwhile, why not take your whole family to the beach and swim out? Bring loads of food with you. You can do it by night so that everybody gets to sit by the campfire and enjoy each other's company. There are a lot of beach resorts all over California and Florida. For sure, one of those places will be the best venue for you.
2. Hotels. Hotels connotes luxury living. Invite your whole family in. You can spend the day family reunion games with the use of playing cards or board games. Get the biggest suite available. You are sure to have fun acting like a family living in the same roof all over again.
3. First-Class Restaurants. If your family loves to wine and dine, then restaurants are the way to go. Prepare a bounty for everyone to enjoy. You can choose to make it buffet style. Or you can treat every member like a king and serve them individually with fine tasty foods. The dining table is surely the best place to talk and keep up with each other's lives.
4. Campsite. Is your family an adventurous one? If so, go to a campsite and experience outdoor living for the night. Try to make it more exciting by bringing only the necessities. The rest should be sought for in and around the campsite. A different level of interaction between family members will surely take place.
5. Ski resorts. If you are planning to do your family reunion during the winter season, you can reserve a big room in a respectable ski resort. Send out family reunion invitations to the rest of your family members without a hint what is going to transpire is the best reunion ever. They will surely have the shock and the fun of their lives when they see each other again.
6. Theme Parks. Have you done this yet? If you haven't then it is high time to try it. You will surely have loads of fun riding all the attractions the place has to offer. Disneyland is the ideal place to go to, but if that is too far away from you and your family members, a local theme park should do fine. Just make sure that there is enough time for taking and story telling, and not just screaming.
7. Picnic grounds. If your family is in to something quieter and more intimate, a picnic should be a good setup. You can hire the longest bench and fill it with goodies and desserts. Kids can run up and down the park while adults can spend the rest of the day talking to each other and relieving the good old times.
8. Cruise ship. Who says family reunions are never exciting? If you are going to hold it in a cruise ship, it is certainly going to be one. If you are the organizer of the get together, try to haggle on the price. Get the best group deal you can get. You will surely have the nod of all your family members for a really fun family reunion.
9. Recreational Sports Area. If your family is a sports enthusiast, you can make your family reunion more thrilling if you take it to a sports establishment. Hold it on a tennis court if everybody simply loves playing tennis. Do it on a bowling alley if everyone misses touching the ball and completing a strike. Make it a golf reunion if all members are members of a local golf club. The possibilities are endless. You can even introduce a sport if you are bold enough.
10. At Home. Where else is the most comfortable, most secure, and most accessible place in the land but right at your homes? If you think that the reunion won't feel so important or prepared for if it is held at home, you can be badly mistaken. Transform your garden in to a paradise with a few decorations following a theme. You surely won't feel that the next reunion is just like every other reunion held.
There are a lot of family reunion ideas which you can get from family reunion websites. Try searching for them over the internet and behold the many possibilities that you can do on your next get-together.
Marie Christianson is a senior business analyst at FamliyDetails.com. Visit FamilyDetails.com to create a family reunion website or for more articles and resources!
Article Source: Article Active - all kinds of articles
Reserving Group Travel for your Family Reunion
Organizing a reunion can be a formidable undertaking. However, there is no better means to renew old relationships and build new ones, and to bring the younger generations into contact with the older ones. It is an important time to renew family bonds and make new ones as well. You may obtain important new information about the past from family members, and you can make contact with and learn about a whole new group of new descendants. With some advance planning, your reunion will be a gold mine for you and a wonderful memory for everyone who attends. Your family members may be arriving by planes, trains, and automobiles from all over the world. With that in mind, here are some ideas to help you plan the perfect 'Family Reunion,' for everyone.
Hotel Arrangements for your Family Reunion
The first thing you must think about is reserving rooms at a local hotel for your out-of-town guests. The worst thing that could happen is when your guests try to call around for a hotel room a few months before your family reunion, to only find out that all the rooms in town are $500 per room per night or even worse all rooms in town have all been taken by a large convention or sporting event. This is why it is very important to reserve a block of rooms for your guests at special rates at one or two select hotels with plenty of time before the big event. At most hotels the minimum number of guests rooms required to make a block is 10 rooms per night. If you are looking for over 30 rooms per night, another good idea is to split the group blocks among two to three hotels. This way your guests can have a choice between different locations and prices.
You want to get your family member's interest in the family reunion and generate excitement among them. Advance preparation is the key. Start by selecting the perfect location. Our technology is perfect for this as it allows you to search multiple reunion locations at the same time. You want to find a reunion location that is central so that every member of your family has an easy time getting there. You also want to make sure the location has enough attractions and things to do for all ages so that every member of the family, young and old, is excited about the trip. The worst thing that could happen is when you try to call around for a hotel room a few months before your Family Reunion, to only find out that all the rooms in town are $500 per room per night or even worse all rooms in town have all been taken by a large convention or city wide event. This is why it is very important to reserve a block of rooms for your Family Reunion at special rates at a hotel in the perfect location with plenty of time before the big event. At most hotels the minimum number of guests rooms required to make a block is 10 rooms per night, but if you are using any banquet space at the hotel sometimes that number can be less.
To accomplish this goal you may not want to start blindly calling hotels in multiple locations. You will not be doing your family or yourself any favors by reserving blocks at the first rates the hotel will quote. You also do not have all the information on the hotel, and it is important you get organized detailed descriptions of all amenities before you make any decisions. First step is to see what rates are out there on the Internet. A great source we have found for easily comparing different hotel Internet rates is HotelPlanner.com (www.HotelPlanner.com). The best thing about their system is that it is free and very easy to use. All you need to do is put in your family reunion location options and dates and HotelPlanner.com will do the rest. It will allow you to search hotel group rates in multiple cities at the same time in a clear and organized approach without Hotel bias. It also puts you in control of sorting through this information by location, price or Hotel Brand names. They will also assign an account representative to you that will help make sure your hotel deals are not only the best, but they will help with the reservation process as well. The reservation process is very important because even if the room rate is very low, the deal may include a very strict cancellation policy, a high cash deposit, or other hidden costs such as mandatory resort fees. The HotelPlanner.com Account Representative will be more than happy to help through these and all of other issues you may encounter. After choosing your hotel they will set up a special online booking website just for your Family Reunion free of charge. This will help you keep track of your family members as they confirm with your hotel.